Little Rock Lawyer Working Tirelessly to Recover Compensation For Highway Construction Accident Victims
It’s hard to drive through the city of Little Rock without passing through at least one highway construction zone. These construction zones play an important role in helping the city widen highways, address safety issues, and perform maintenance. But unfortunately, highway construction zones can also create hazards that put everyone on the road in danger.
If you were injured in a highway construction accident, seek legal representation from the experienced personal injury attorneys at Denton & Zachary, PLLC. Let us protect your rights and secure the compensation you are entitled to by law for your injuries.
How Do Highway Construction Accidents Occur?
There is always some risk involved with driving on a highway, however a construction zone makes the highway even more dangerous. Highway construction accidents occur for many different reasons, including:
- The construction company overseeing the project may not comply with safety rules or regulations.
- Drivers may not see a highway construction zone ahead due to lack of signage or poorly marked zones.
- Drivers may not have enough time to slow down or get out of the way in order to avoid colliding with a slow-moving dump truck or forklift coming out of a highway construction zone.
- High-wattage lighting on the construction site may temporarily blind drivers that are headed towards the construction zone.
- Drivers may collide or run over equipment or machinery that was accidentally placed outside of the marked construction zone.
- Drivers may hit construction workers if there are no safety barriers between the road and the construction zone.
Sometimes, it is the driver of the vehicle that is seriously injured in a highway construction accident. But in other cases, it is a worker working in the highway construction zone that suffers injuries. Either way, victims who have been injured in highway construction zone accidents are entitled to compensation.
Can I Recover Compensation After A Highway Construction Accident in Little Rock?
If you were injured in a highway construction accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The key to recovering compensation is proving that another party’s negligence led to your injuries.
For example, a construction company’s failure to comply with safety regulations is negligent. If you were injured as a result of this failure, you could hold the construction company liable for your injuries.
It’s possible that the court will find that you were partially to blame for the accident. In Arkansas, victims are still entitled to compensation for their injuries even if they were partially responsible for the accident. However, the amount of compensation you are awarded will be reduced if you were partly to blame.
For instance, the court may find that you were 20% liable for the accident, but the construction company was 80% liable. The amount of compensation awarded to you will be reduced by 20% to account for the role you played in causing the accident. If you are found to be more than 50% liable, however, you are no longer entitled to recover compensation for your injuries.
Each accident that occurs in a highway construction zone is unique. Let our attorneys review the details of your accident to determine whether or not you have a valid personal injury case.
How Can An Attorney Help With My Highway Construction Accident Case?
Every personal injury case is complex, especially those involving highway construction accidents. For this reason, it is best to put your case in the hands of an experienced attorney instead of attempting to recover compensation on your own. An attorney can help by:
- Explaining your legal rights after an injury
- Investigating the accident to determine how it occurred
- Gathering the evidence that is needed to prove liability
- Analyzing medical records and other evidence to calculate the value of your claim
- Negotiating with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Presenting your case in court if a private settlement cannot be reached
Let us handle your claim so you can dedicate your time and energy to making a full recovery from your mental and physical injuries.
Schedule A Free Initial Consultation With Our Highway Construction Accident Lawyers Today
Have you been injured in an accident that occurred in a highway construction zone? Regardless of whether you were working on the construction site or simply driving through the construction zone, our attorneys are here to help. Let the lawyers at Denton & Zachary, PLLC aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve for your injuries. To schedule a free consultation, call (501) 725-8099 or submit your information using the form on this website.